Dear ROTA Council members, partners, and supporters,
I enjoyed seeing many of Asia’s foremost immunization leaders at the Asian Vaccine Conference in Singapore. Regardless of where you live and work, evidence on rotavirus disease and vaccines from all world regions is now more accessible than ever on our newly re-launched website rotacouncil.org.
I invite you to explore the site, which we updated to better meet the needs of our Council, global advocates, in-country technical specialists supporting decision making, and partners. Visit rotacouncil.org to find:
- The latest data on rotavirus disease
- Vaccine impact data from around the world
- Vaccine introduction status including maps
- Searchable Publications Library
Let me know what you think of the new resource. Please see below for more important updates from our network.
Dr. Mathu Santosham
Chair, ROTA Council
In this edition…
- African Rotavirus Symposium: Reaching Every Child in Africa with the Rotavirus Vaccine
- Event Recap: Singapore Asian Vaccine Conference
- Featured Research: 142-Village Bangladesh Effectiveness Study Published
- Featured Report: Progress Toward Expanding Rotavirus Vaccine Supply
- Featured Media: “Experts Sound Alarm on Leading Cause of Severe Diarrhea”
- Recent Member Publications
- Check out the advocacy Toolkit on our new website!
- Rotavirus in the Media: India, Bangladesh, Uganda, Iran and more
We regularly sends out Progress Updates on ROTA Council activities and events, country introduction updates, new research, and media coverage. If you have any information you’d like to share with the Council, please let us know and we will include it in the next update.