The ROTA Council recently hosted a workshop in Singapore for leading health journalists from six Asian countries featuring speakers and facilitators from CDC, Global Health Strategies, PATH, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. See a description of the event here. Here are the stories that have been published to date.
- More than 200,000 children dying from diarrhoea each year Daily Star is the highest circulating English-language daily in Bangladesh.
- Recommendations for global action to prevent rotavirus illnesses and deaths World Pulse is a global social network with over 53,000 members across 190 countries.
- Despite substantial global reduction in diarrhoea deaths, half a million children still die from diseases each year. NewsHour is An English-language online news portal.
- The integrated global action plan for the prevention and control of pneumonia and diarrhea (GAPPD)
- Experts sound alarm on leading cause of severe diarrhea Philippine Star is one of the most widely read English-language newspapers in the Philippines.
- ASEAN to buy vaccines in bulk Philippine Star
- Rotavirus: A hazardous pathogen causing deadly diarrheal diseases in children GoGo Mongolia: An English & Mongolian language online news portal with a daily access of ~200,000-300,000